Monday, September 14, 2009

One of Those Days


By Amy Krouse Rosenthal

I chose this book because it was by an author that our guest speaker in class thought was really good. When I found the book I was actually having "one of those days". It is a very easy book for children to read-it just has the name of the bad day on each page. I enjoyed reading all of the different scenarios and could relate to just about all of them. I think children would think this is a really funny book. I especially enjoyed the "Say The Wrong Thing Day" and the illustration that has a girl saying hi and a boy replying "uh...marshmallow?" I have a lot of days where I can't seem to say anything right! After reading this book I felt a little better about my day. I think that may be the overall message of the book-that everyone has a bad day. I thought the ending was clever where she says "luckily every single one of those days eventually turns into night....and every night turns into a brand-new day". It is a great uplifting ending. I thought the illustrations were unique. I liked how the illustrator drew lots of people with different heights, hair color, skin color, and style of clothing to further represent that everyone has a bad day. Loved this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment