Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs



By Judi Barrett

I was excited to read this book because I had seen the trailer for the movie. I was first surprised by how dull the first couple of pages were in black and white. I thought it was interesting how the book illuminated with color only when the grandfather was telling the story, because at the end of the story and the end of the book, it returns to black and white. It made me very curious as to what the movie would be like because it's such a short book. I wondered how the author came up with the type of food that fell from the sky. The kinds of foods were very typical American staples-like hot dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, and spaghetti. I think it would be neat to see this book transposed to a different culture and what different foods would be falling from the sky. I loved how this book is very imaginative and keeps you interested. Good book!!

1 comment:

  1. I too am excited to see the movie. I think I should probably read the book first though. I remember it from when I was younger but I could use a refresher.
    I like your idea of taking the book to a different cultural food type, even though hot dogs and hamburgers are my favorites. Good blog :)

    ReplyDelete