Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Slow Loris


By Alexis Beacon

I chose this book because it was by the author of Jitterbug Jam. It was not at all what I expected from the same author but was pleasantly surprised. Slow Loris is about a meerkat (I think!) who is, you guessed it...very slow. The people who go to the zoo watch him and are bored. However, no one knows that at night he is up doing anything and everything super fast. That is why during the day he is so slow, because he is exhausted. I loved how the author used two full pages for a picture of Loris that made him look super fast. The book has a page that folds out and a flap that folds over on a different page. I think kids would love this book because it has the element of surprise when you see Loris fast and it also has the pop-up illustration book feel.

1 comment:

  1. After reading your post I really want to read the book! I love picture books that are so intriguing because of their beautiful illustrations. It sounds like a really great book to share with kids and I think I will check it out to see for myself!!

    ReplyDelete